Friday, December 18, 2015

Housebound for the Holidays


So this is my view for the foreseeable future. I'll spare you all the gory details, but I had to have foot surgery on Thursday. The doc says I'm looking at 6-8 weeks of recovery time.  I have to keep the foot elevated and immobile as much as possible. I've spent the last few weeks rushing around like a mad woman, trying to get things in order for my long convalescence. I think I mostly succeeded.

The good news is, I have plenty of books, visitors, shows in my Netflix queue, and writing and craft projects to keep me busy. I'll also be working from home, because my company is awesome like that.

Also, there's this:

Unlimited lap time for the fur beasts.

Happy holidays, everybody! I hope you're as blessed as I am.

Don't forget to check out my holiday tales: The Ice Dragon and The Winter Prince.





4 comments:

  1. Ouch. I've had problems with my feet and legs, and it's not a laughing matter. Hope your recovery goes well and you get a lot done working at home.

    Here's something to put you in a good mood. I'm reading Carcosa now and loving it. The O4S series is a blast.

    Take care and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike. So far, so good.

      Yes, I'm thrilled to hear you're enjoying Book II! Hope your own writing is going well, and happy holidays to you!

      Delete
  2. I've had foot surgery and know how uncomfortable you must be feeling. Take care. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too bad, it's just tough being out of commission. Thanks for the well wishes and happy holidays to you too!

      Delete