Friday, May 31, 2019

May News

Hello, friends! This has been another busy and rewarding month.


First, I am still over the moon about the release of my new poetry collection, REQUIEM FOR A ROBOT DOG, has been released through Cajun Mutt Press. If you'd like an autographed copy, or if you would be interested in doing a review, please let me know!

In other poetry news, my work has appeared in the following publications:


Otherwise Engaged Northern New Mexico Literary & Arts Journal included three of my poems, "Christmas Eve," "New Year's Eve Talamada," and "Intimacy." Thank you to editor Marzia Dessi for putting together this lovely journal. Copies are availble for purchase on Amazon.


The inaugural edition of The Duck Lake Journal had my poems, "Sandpipers" and "The Strawberry Festival." Copies are available for purchase here.


Alien Buddha Zine #7 is now live. I encouarge everyone to check this one out -- its theme is on the American prison system and includes work from inmates. My poem, "Pardon," was inspired by some of my volunteer work with inmates at a federal correctional institution. The editor, Red Focks, was also kind enough to write a review of my work, West Side Girl & Other Poems. He called it "contemporary poet with a classical touch... well-written and self-aware. I recommend this chapbook to any fan of poetry." Thanks, Red!


I also received the following new review on The Order of the Four Sons, Book I:

"An unlikely, undertrained team of five unusual investigators are paired together in a storyline of The Mummy meets Mission Impossible with a deadly twist of possession, torture and morphing magical realms. Book One of The Order of the Four Sons does not fall short in action, suspense, or plenty of hilarious dialogue."

Thank you so much, Erika, for reading and leaving feedback!

On June 10, I will be doing an interview on Songs of Selah with host and fellow poet Thomas Scott Outlar. I hope you can tune in! I also plan to continue doing readings about town, writing reviews, and the usual odd blog post or two.

One final bit of news-- I just hit the 75,000-word mark with Going Forth by Day, the sixth and final installment of The Order of the Four Sons series. Which is to say, I'm about halfway there. Guys, it's been a long, tough journey. I am so pleased to say that I really think it's going to be finished thi syear. I appreciate each and every one of you who's been here for it.

Thank you for reading! Hope everyone's summer is off to a delightful start!


No comments:

Post a Comment