Tuesday, December 29, 2020

December News and 2020 Roundup

Hello, friends! Well, this is it. If you’re here, you’ve made it to the end of 2020.

This year hasn’t been wholly terrible. I published two books.

 

The first, Languages, First and Last, is a poetry collection from Cyberwit Press. It's also available on Amazon.


The second, Going Forth by Day, is the sixth and final book of The Order of the Four Sons series, a project that took me thirteen years. Even if I’d done nothing else this year, I am grateful to have given my beloved characters the send-off they deserved. (At least, I sure hope I did.) It is available in ebook and paperback on Amazon, Smashwords, and other sites. 

Also this year, 58 of my poems appeared in 26 magazines and other venues, including journals in Turkey, Northern Ireland and India. I received a Best of the Net nomination and two Pushcart Prize nominations. Not too shabby!

Here is a list of my December news and publications:


I’m absolutely thrilled to share that the inaugural issue of Gleam: A Journal of the Cadralor came out this month! It has my poems, “Alligator Tooth” and the Pushcart-nominated “Acheiropoieta.” So grateful to the creators of the wonderful new poetic form, the cadralor, and the rest of the editorial team for making this happen!


A little holiday poem, “Christmas Fudge,” is up at the Rye Whiskey Review. Thank you to editor John Patrick Robbins for continuing to give my work a home.


“Estate Sale” appeared in the latest issue of The Racket. Thank you to editor Noah Sanders for publishing me again.


“Is” appeared in The Dope Fiend Daily. This is the first of five that will appear in The Dope Fiend. My thanks to editor Scott Simmons.

I was one of the featured readers at the December Poets & Pints reading, a venue provided by the Cracked Walnut in Minneapolis, Minnesota. You can catch the reading on YouTube. Thank you to Trinity Fritz Lawrence and Tony Plocido for hosting—I hope to read on your stage in person one day!



I am also pleased to share that I received a new five-star review on Requiem for a Robot Dog. Thank you, Scott!


And finally, I am thrilled to share that I have new cover art for my short story, La Tutayegua, available as an ebook through Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, and other digital sites. Writers, if you’re in the market for cover art, I highly recommend Rebecca Kenney. Her rates are very affordable and she will work with you to create a custom cover you love.


Thank you to all my readers for visiting my blog and supporting my work! I wish you all the best for an excellent New Year.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment