Thursday, August 26, 2021

August News

Hello, friends! Here is my news for the month of August:

I have a new poem up at my poetry home-away-from-home, The Rye Whiskey. “Metaphysics and Bananas” is an ekphrastic piece, inspired by The Uncertainty of the Poet by Giorgio de Chiroco. Thank you, as always, to editor John Patrick Robbins.


Anisomelia,” appears in the latest issue of BigCityLit. Thank you to editor Alyssa Yankwitt and the rest of the BCL team.




"After" and "High School Reunion" Issue 2 of Pocket Lint magazine (Canada). My thanks to editor Warren Dean Fulton for this nifty, old-school print mag.


I’m also thrilled to share that my poetry collection, Requiem for a Robot Dog, was featured on the Wardrobe’s Best Dressed. The Wardrobe is a part of Sundress Press, and promotes work by women, nonbinary and queer authors. Many thanks to guest editor Heather Leigh for selecting my book. The post also has a sample poem from the collection, “Amen.”


Aside from that, I haven’t been writing much lately-- futzing with some prose, no poetry at all. BUT I received a very nice message from someone who read and enjoyed my work in the latest issue of Pocket Lint, and I heard from a poetry friend in Nigeria that he just published his first poetry collection. He dedicated it to his parents and to me. I never get used to the idea that people around the world have read my work. Like most writers, I also can’t stop thinking that if I’m not productive all the time, I’m a failure. Just thought I’d share as a reminder that no matter how you’re feeling about your work at the moment, someone out there appreciates it.  

Check out My Grief in a Nutshell by Korede Kakaaki. I got my copy and am looking forward to diving in. 


Finally, in case you missed it, I posted the Necropolis (Order of the Four Sons, V) soundtrack here on this blog. I’ve also created a playlist on Spotify for it, as well as Books I-IV, and my untitled WIP set in Corbenic. Hope you give ‘em a listen and enjoy:

The Order of the Four Sons

Carcosa

Where Flap the Tatters of the King

The Sacred Heart

Corbenic

Next up, I will be posting trivia for the sixth and final book of the O4S series. I may write another bonus O4S trivia piece because I’ve thought of things I forgot on the last five. We’ll see.

Thank you for reading! As always, I would be thrilled to hear from you, so please feel free to post a question in the comments or shoot me a message via email or social media.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment