Saturday, September 25, 2021

Thank a Nurse Writing Project


Hey, friends. I have an unusual submission call-- poets and anyone who would like to write a short, heartfelt thank-you to a nurse, I would love to hear from you.

For poems, I'm looking for short pieces (maybe 8 lines max) to thank nurses for their continued work during the pandemic.

I work at the School of Nursing at the KU Med Center campus. The nurses at our hospital are working just as hard and as tirelessly as they did last year to battle this new wave of Covid. Last year, a lot of businesses and organizations sent them free food and other thank-you gifts. People applauded. This year-- not so much.

My colleagues at the School of Nursing are organizing a volunteer effort to put together thank-you goodie bags for our hospital's nurses to show our support. We're getting together this week to work out the details, but we know we want to include notes of gratitude and encouragement.

Here's where you come in. I was thinking I'd write a series of short poems about nurses as my way of saying thank you for what they do. I was wondering if some of you might like to contribute some, too?

Just a few lines, something we volunteers can handwrite or fit onto a printable card. You can include your name or remain anonymous, if you like. You can contact me on Facebook or email me, laurenscharhag@gmail.com

Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment