Monday, November 28, 2022

November News

Forthcoming Publications
I am thrilled to share I have two books coming out in 2023. The first, Midnight Glossolalia, is a collection of poems I co-authored last summer with two of my favorite poets, the brilliant Scott Ferry and Lillian Necakov. It will be released by Meat for Tea Press. Scott, Lillian, and I wrote the book as call and response – one of us would write a poem, and the other two would respond. All of the poems are concerned with the strange and surreal, including but not limited to: ghosts, UFOs, alternate dimensions, ancestors, science, technology, math, music, nature, and Fruit Loops.

The other book is a solo collection I wrote called Moonlight and Monsters. The publisher hasn’t made an official announcement yet, so I can’t share too many publication details. The book is divided into three sections: Moonlight, Monsters, and General Weirdness. They are poems that find a home in the fantastical, in the celestial, in magic and mysticism, in indigenous beliefs, in mythology, and in folklore. In examining things that are considered strange, other, or even monstrous, they strive for something relatable and universal. They look for the human stories beneath the sideshow, a way into and back out of the labyrinth.

More to come!


Appearance


This month, I was a featured reader at Uncloistered Poetry Online. Unfortunately, they don’t record the show, so I don’t have a video to share, but if you enjoy reading/listening to poetry, I recommend this event out of Toledo, OH. They do readings/open mics at least once a month. Jonie McIntire, poet laureate of Lucas County, OH, is a great host. Many thanks to her for inviting me.


Other News

Poet Lynn Long read my piece, “White Noise,” on an episode of the podcast Hummingbird Blink: Nectar Poetry. Lynn is one of my favorite poets – her work is sensitive, romantic, and beautiful. I am so honored that she thought my work is worth reading, and if you’ve never heard Lynn read, you’re in for a treat.


Happy Holidays
For all who celebrate, I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. As we go into the gift-giving season, don’t forget I have many books available on Amazon. Any one of them would make a great present to the book lovers in your life!



The complete Order of the Four Sons series (Books 1-6) is available in paperback and on Kindle Unlimited.




My horror novella, Our Miss Engel, is available on Kindle Unlimited.




My first poetry collection, West Side Girl & Other Poems, is available in paperback and on Kindle Unlimited.




My poetry collections, Languages, First and Last (Cyberwit Press) and Requiem for a Robot Dog (Cajun Mutt Press), are available in paperback. 




I have hard copies of Languages and Requiem, so if you would like a signed copy, please contact me, laurenscharhag@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren <3 it was an absolute honor to read your words and I thank you so much for inspiring
    and sharing your love of words with us all <3 I can't wait to buy your new books which are now added to my wish list- they both sound so awesome, especially your solo collection- and I would love a signed copy of Requiem for a Robot Dog and will send an email your way =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and for the kind words, Lynn! I'd be happy to send you a copy of the book - just shoot me your address.

      Delete