Sunday, April 28, 2019

April News


Hello, friends! I have big news to share with you this month! 


Six years after West Side Girl & Other Poems, I am pleased to announce I will be publishing a new poetry collection with Cajun Mutt PressThe collection is called Requiem for a Robot Dog. (The title poem appeared last year in trampset.) We are shooting for a May release. I will keep you all posted on its progress! It's so very exciting!


I am also thrilled to share that author Jennifer Perkins reviewed my children’s book, The Ice Dragon, on her blog, Author Esquire. She gave it a Mithril armor rating! (That’s five out of five stars, for any non-geeks reading this blog.)

Perkins wrote, “The Ice Dragon is wonderfully imaginative. It reminds me of the books I loved to read as a child. It has a touch of whimsey which reminded me what it was like, as a child, to believe in magic. The prose is elegant, while the voice of the characters is clear and emotional. Further, I think the book would appeal to children of all ages and backgrounds.”

Read the full review here.

Now, for my usual news—I had ten pieces appear in various publications this month:


"Goddess Poem," is up on La Scrittrice Magazine. Poetry Editor Jessica Drake-Thomas said, "I love how you’ve woven so many different Goddess traditions into this piece. It’s so cohesive and well-crafted—as soon as I read it, I had to send you an acceptance.” Thank you, Jessica!


Poems “Chimera” and “Evacuation” appeared in the spring issue of Nixes Mate.



"Tiny Effigies," appeared on Duane's PoeTree blog.


“Wanted” is in the latest issue of The Literary Nest.


 My thanks to editor C. Derick Varn for publishing three of my poems, "Disembody," "D.," and "Ozone" in Former People magazine.

Louisiana Zombie Afternoon, Jen Zedd
Thank you to editor Jordan Trethaway for publishing my poem, “Girl Alone” in The Ekphrastic Review. I’d never written an ekphrastic poem before, but I loved the inspiration piece, Louisiana Zombie Afternoon by Jen Zedd.


Some of you may have read my review of Red Focks’ Dead Celebrities on this blog. It is also in the latest issue of Alien Buddha Zine. I highly recommend Focks’ weird, funny and poignant collection, available on Amazon.

Also, just ICYMI, I posted a new flash fiction piece here earlier this month, Newton’s Needle, in which the scientist ponders his experiments with light.

I got a little behind on my reading/reviewing this past month, but look for a review of the excellent The Mercy of Traffic, a poetry collection by Wendy Taylor Carlisle.

Thank you, as always, for reading! I look forward to seeing what May will bring.





No comments:

Post a Comment